Delivery Management takes projects from planning to delivery - on time, on budget, and on brief. Delivery Management is everyone’s go to place for the project. Clients and internal team members rely on you for everything they need to know about a project: what to expect, what to do next, and where they need to be.
The Senior level Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day task management of medium sized engagements (upto 6 team members, up to £250k revenue). You are the primary client delivery contact, ensuring project scope is defined, creating and managing the project plan, and providing direction to all members of the project team. You are ultimately responsible for planning and coordinating activities of individual projects to ensure that the project goals are accomplished and client needs are met.
Being a good Project Manager requires a diverse mix of skills and experience. To be effective you need to be more than just organised and a good communicator. You’ll need to be able to prioritise, keep calm and focused, be able to delegate, not assume too much, be approachable, and have a passion for Digital. You’ll want to know how things work and you are always on the look-out for new tools, services and ways of doing things. And all of this while maintaining your sense of humour!
- Define responsibilities, set direction and allocate tasks within the project team
- Create and own the plan, including estimation, tracking, updating
- Weekly reporting/recording for company (including resource forecast & Tempo)
- Develop project proposals and statements of work leveraging experience of key discipline leads
- Manage and develop project change management process with support, negotiate project scope and finance details with clients
- Maximise revenue by delivering to project margin targets
- Working with Account Management team, contribute to business development efforts through project scoping, estimating and attending sales calls, and inputting into proposals
- Supports business operational processes (e.g. facilitates end of project reviews, etc.)
- Uncover your client’s hidden needs and issues by asking insightful questions and developing a good rapport
- Monitor interactions between your team and the client, and follow up to demonstrate strong client management
- Ask questions that push, challenge and stretch your clients and colleagues to foster creativity, or better our service
- Motivate others in your team or project to come up with new ideas and initiatives. Encourage them to challenge current approaches / methods.
- Develop and coach your team so that all members perform well.
- Escalate issues to senior staff when appropriate
Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Project Manager in a web/digital consulting environment
- Experience managing marketing, creative or technology projects
- Experience developing project approaches and plans using PRINCE2 and/or Agile project methodologies
- Evidence of management of small project teams to a successful conclusion
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Self-starting, with the ability to work independently with little direction and tight deadlines
- Excellent client facing communications skills
- Ability to put administrative structure and organisation in place on new or existing projects
- Can articulate Project Management methodology – processes, practices, team management, project delivery phases
- Ability to turn requirements into a viable project plan and marshal resources required to deliver
- Business process orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- A degree demonstrating analytical capability is preferred
- PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner and/or Scrum Alliance accreditation preferred
- Deep expertise in one or more project roles, such as Software Engineering, Business Analysis, Information Architecture
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.