As a Technical Director, you will feel truly empowered to bring something new to the game. The Technical Director will be responsible for technical leadership and delivery across all projects within a set of client portfolios. As the Technical Director you will ensure that project processes, approach and teams are fit for purpose and oversee the timely delivery of your solutions.
A Technical Director will lead technology teams made up of Front End and Back End Developers, Test Engineers as well as collaborate closely with the Architects. In addition, the Technical Director will work closely with our clients, and challenge them to embrace novel and creative technical delivery solutions to meet their business needs.
We’re looking for a passionate & enthusiastic Technical Director to:
- Act as the technical authority in prospective client and discovery meetings, setting the technical agenda for the project delivery team
- Show knowledge, awareness and practical experience of different software architectures, technology stacks and delivery methodologies, preferably including Java and Adobe Experience Manager
- Translate complex aims and needs into clear and manageable plans, and determine technical resource requirements to support them
- Work with Operations to ensure that projects are properly cast, and that in-project performance is monitored by technical leads
- Work with technical and non-technical teams at all levels, from strategy and design through to development, deployment and application support
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and advice in the development, delivery and ongoing improvement of complex programmes of work
- Advise on, manage and implement Agile delivery projects within the portfolio, providing guidance, mentoring and training in technical delivery and evolutionary software architecture
- Identify step changes that transform the flexibility, responsiveness and quality of a client programme of work, taking quick, confident decisions at a delivery
- Participate as the technology expert in client pitches
- Maintain an overview of the portfolio's active technical projects and ensure they are delivering to a high standard
- Provide leadership to the technical delivery functions of the team, fostering a culture that builds domain skills and rewards delivery and client value
- Effectively line manage a team of technical staff, demonstrating familiarity and competence with a range of technical and delivery concepts
- Maintain a strong focus on delivery priorities, holding others to account for delivery, and swiftly responding to changing requirements
To be a Technical Director you will have experience in:
- Delivering large scale enterprise based projects, ideally with some Java experience
- Knowledge OF mobile app development advantageous
- Software engineering principles and best practice
- The full SDLC, from project initiation to store deployment
- Integrating with external services (Web APIs, CMSs, etc)
- Project management techniques and tools
- Planning and delivery of technical documentation
- Managing technical debt
- Building web sites for well-known brands
- Agile development practices
- TDD and CI best practices
- Knowledge of Design patterns
The role reports directly to the Head of Technology. You will work closely with other teams across the business, Creative, UX, Data, Project Management, Data, Account Management to ensure client delivery. This is a client facing role so you'll need to be comfortable in this environment.
This is a fun, friendly and dynamic environment to work in, but the ability to work under pressure, work on multiple projects at the same time and to tight deadlines is essential. You must be self-motivated and able to work easily and collaboratively with others.
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity