The Programme Director is responsible for setting strategic direction for the portfolio team, defining and implementing standards and processes, managing project management resources across a broad portfolio of accounts, and successfully implementing recovery for project crisis situations. You will have a proven ability to successfully deliver the largest projects/programmes (30+ team members, £3m+ revenue). You have strong consulting skills and you build strong relationships with all parts of both the agency and client organisation. You analyse problems and then define viable approaches in line with relevant industry standards and best practices.
Being a good Programme Director requires a diverse mix of skills and experience. To be effective you need to be more than just organised and a good communicator. You’ll need to be able to prioritise, keep calm and focused, be able to delegate, not assume too much, be approachable, and have a passion for Digital. You’ll want to know how things work and you are always on the look-out for new tools, services and ways of doing things. And all of this while maintaining your sense of humour!
Delivery Management takes projects from planning to delivery - on time, on budget, and on brief. Delivery Management is everyone’s go to place for the project. Clients and internal team members rely on you for everything they need to know about a project: what to expect, what to do next, and where they need to be.
- Manage a portfolio project team, demonstrating leadership skills, addressing delivery and performance issues and undertaking tasks to build team morale
- Define responsibilities, set direction and allocate projects within the portfolio project team
- Seek to maximise revenue and margin across multiple accounts and projects
- Ensure company and financial processes are adhered to
- Manage multiple work streams and levels of colleagues
- Conduct timely, fair and accurate project reviews for direct reports, using the standard templates
- Explain Digitas’s business focus, targets and guidelines, and provide clarity about the implications of these for your team and the individuals within it
- Draw on client experiences and external trends to advise others on how to best meet our clients’ current and future needs
- Demonstrate understanding of key business drivers for potential clients
- Understand how Digitas services can add value, tailoring business strategies and solutions accordingly
- Proactively recognise and develop new business opportunities
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience managing large (circa £3m+ revenue) web/digital programmes for blue-chip clients (marketing, creative, technology)
- Experience developing project plan and approaches using PRINCE2 and/or Agile project methodologies
- Management of a team of project managers including line management and mentoring
- Evidence of successful management of project teams of 30 or more people
- Managing relationships with senior level staff at large corporations - comfortable working with senior management including C-Suite
- Established negotiation skills especially around project scope and finances
- Experience of crisis management situations with positive results
- Proven consultancy ability including running meetings and facilitating workshops with senior stakeholders
- Ability to articulate Project Management methodology – processes, practices, controls, team management, project delivery phases
- Aptitude to turn requirements into a viable project approach and plan and marshal resources required to deliver
- Identify and tackle poor performance or inappropriate behaviour
- Capability to put administrative structure and organisation in place on new or existing projects
- Enthusiasm to motivate others and provide a positive project environment
- Prior knowledge of managing third parties and external resources including offshore team members
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.