Digitas exists to make brands count. We’re a modern, data-inspired agency.
We are the only agency designed to offer clients who seek to transform their marketing, a complete stack of services, from integrated communications, to commerce to CRM and innovation services, across the world, all driven by our data about what really counts for businesses.
Our global workforce of 7,000 includes industry-leading creatives in each region, working with data scientists, technology experts and media specialists to demonstrate what can be achieved when hard data meets imagination.
Job Title - Senior Drupal Developer
You’ll be comfortable prototyping concepts, iterating ideas and testing hypothesis to build products that people really want to use. Along the way, you’d be looking for ways to pass along best practice and lessons learnt to colleagues. You’ll have your own opinions on approaches to technical problems and be able to concisely articulate the tradeoffs that matter.
- Be able to communicate conceptual and technical solutions that include the use of industry Drupal 8 standard best practices and techniques.
- Develop code and/or provide maintenance and enhancements to existing code based upon a solid understanding of technical design.
- Develop and test a content management system (CMS), solution that includes capabilities such as CMS content entry, CMS content migration, developing content types or content objects, site architecture, and page templates.
- Write PHP 5/7 code based on requirements defined in use cases.
- Write automated tests, in particular, using BEHAT and JUNIT test frameworks.
- Estimate and deliver on development tasks with high level of accuracy in an agile environment.
- Ensure product quality, maintainability, performance and scalability.
- Analyze client requirements to develop functional and technical software.
- Estimate and plan releases for a CMS implementation.
- Understanding requirements and driving the technical design closures.
- Participate in team activities and team planning with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work (code reviews / Pull Requests).
- At least Bachelor of Computer Science or 5 years of experience in front-end development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Understanding of Drupal 8 architecture, database design, hooks & API’s, templating and RESTful API / Web Service frameworks.
- Able to create Drupal 8 custom themes, subthemes and module.
- Familiar with developing with front end frameworks like Grunt, Less, JQuery, Jslint.
- DevOps, CI/CD pipelines & Opiniated PaaS platforms such as pantheon.io or Acquia are helpful.
- Experience with modern CI/CD concepts, practices and toolkits (such as CircleCI).
- Able to plan releases for a CMS implementation & Roll-out.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Creative spirit with a design drive.
- Be a team player in a multicultural team (10+ nationalities within Digitas Australia).
- You are proud on your work and can handle feedback.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
Please note that Digitas is an equal opportunities employer, welcomes applications from all sections of society, and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.