Director | Data & Analytics
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The Data & Analytics team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients. To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Director of our Data and Analytics practice. Someone with a keen attention to detail who will help lead the team in bringing that transformation to life.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As a Director in our Data & Analytics practice, you’ll inspire teams to develop new paths for growth, while driving strategic thinking and economic insight across client engagements. You will aim to relentlessly exceed client expectations and strengthen our overall Data practice. Your clients’ needs will vary, and may include integrated marketing, media, CRM, segmentation, and/or primary research.
Day to day, your responsibilities include:
- Identifying strategic data-driven services that will allow clients to grow their business.
- Assisting clients in defining analytics needs and developing solutions to solve those challenges.
- Creating frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues, leveraging existing Digitas intellectual capital and developing innovative concepts.
- Building and executing a client specific data strategy including performing gap assessments, creating optimal state data plans, and building execution roadmaps.
- Evaluating new online and offline data opportunities in the form of new sources, new technology, client priorities, partnership, etc.
- Fostering creative thinking around how we use data, and we could use data to solve unique business challenges in support of all Marketing activities (Media, Creative, CRM, and eCommerce).
- Determining new opportunities among existing clients, and participating in new business initiatives.
- Coordinating professional development for team members in both Sydney, Melbourne and offshore, as well as designing and leading relevant training for internal, client and vendor teams. You will provide purpose, direction and motivation to your team.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- An ideal of 10+ years of proven leadership in marketing, consulting, technology, or a unique combination of these.
- Strong understanding of the digital environment – and expertise in aligning marketing strategies with business needs.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with modern statistical learning methods (regression techniques, classification models, supervised and unsupervised learning, etc.).
- Knowledge of digital data technologies (DMPs, Google Analytics, digital pixel tracking, site tagging, etc.).
- General knowledge of or direct experience with the media industry or CRM platforms are a plus.
- A four-year college degree; advanced degree is a plus.
- Stellar communication and presentation skills – you’re poised, articulate and convincing.
- Strong negotiation skills and a diplomatic ability to manage conflict.
- In-depth knowledge of and passion for online advertising and emerging trends in the digital landscape.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Open to travel as needed.
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you.