Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency.
Our data, strategy, creative & content, media, and technology experts uncover and act on the truths that help brands better connect with people. And realise their most ambitious outcomes.
Truth. Connection. Wonder.
Digitas Managed Services is an unparalleled capability to support our client's entire technology platform, under a single SLA, taking full responsibly for all aspects of the platform, from hardware and networking, through the applications and integrations, to the custom code and content.
Digitas Managed Services provides three core services;
- Managed Hosting & Maintenance - Providing hosting and support for the infrastructure, on either physical, virtual, public cloud, or hybrid platforms
- Application Management - Providing full support, enhancement and management for the core applications, third party integrations and custom code
- Content Support - Providing support for editors and publishing assistance
All these services are provided under SLA, with an ITIL based service desk and up to 24x7 coverage. In addition, we provide the ancillary services big brands need online, including load testing, penetrations testing, monitoring, release management and DevOps.
Digitas has been providing these Managed Service for over 20 years, and the department is stable, profitable and growing.
The Automation Test Engineer role is designed to support and help grow the Managed Services QA & Performance Management practice by designing, executing and reporting automated tests as defined in either QA and Performance Management test plans.
The role is predominantly split into 3 core functions:
- Performance Testing - work within a well-defined Performance testing team, designing, writing and executing performance test scripts
- Automation Functional Testing - work with an offshore QA testing team, promoting the use of automation testing by designing, writing and executing automated functional test scripts according to an agreed set of client test cases
- Monitoring - work closely with our OpsCentre team by helping to resolve deep routed monitoring issues and tuning the tools appropriately
- Working alongside developers, clients and third-parties in order own the definition of a Performance test or automated test strategy
- Creating and maintaining performance test scripts and scenarios based on the test strategy
- Creating and maintaining a test harnesses and test automation packs based on the test strategy
- Promoting and evangelising on automation techniques within an offshore team
- Participating in agile project sprint planning sessions, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospectives, as required
- Creation and maintenance of test data, management of test logs, test scenarios and auditable test executions
- Working with the clients to define and clarify Non-Functional Requirement’s(NFR’s) related to Performance and Monitoring
- Reporting results of a performance test execution visualising bottleneck analysis and recommendations
Skills & Experience
- Ability to deliver performance test artefacts such as test scripts, test results and monitoring statistics
- Use of appropriate analytical techniques to identity and fix defects in test scripts to continue with the test executions
- Ability to visualize how applications work in an n-tiered architecture, to identify discrepancies, gap and general practices
- Experience with Enterprise eCommerce and CMS solutions such as EPiServer, Oracle WCS, AEM/CQ or Sitecore
- Ability to design or write performance test scripts and load tests in Visual Studio to generate load. Experience with Loadrunner, JMeter or Load UI or any other market leader performance testing tool is mandatory
- Understanding of common database technologies such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or MongoDB
- Passionate about and exposure to working with monitoring tools such as Datadog, New Relic, App Dynamics
- Ability to define, develop and maintain an automation framework for projects based on requirements and exposure to working with frameworks like Selenium, Calabash, Watir or Cucumber