DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We are always looking to grow and better our business – and the Account Management team is the catalyst for that growth. Our focus is on building the client’s business, the account relationship and the expertise of our team. That means spotting game-changing ideas to grow our client’s business and solve challenges. Selling ideas fearlessly and confidently. And keeping things simple, organized and clear – even in the most complex situations – so that we can make great work.
What You’ll Do
As a Technical Architect you’ll have proven industry experience in working with web-centric technologies to help build large-scale digital platforms for our blue-chip clients. You will be the technical and design authority responsible for the definition, product selection, and solution design and planning of our technical projects. You will engage directly with clients to help them make the right decisions and help them implement the best solutions.
Our client’s needs are ever-changing (that’s part of what makes this role demanding but exciting), but the current dominant theme is the move towards connected commerce, requiring complex technology programmes combining content/experience management, e-commerce, campaign management and data/personalization. We would expect you to have experience of some or all of these areas, and a strong interest in filling the gaps.
We are looking for a Technical Architect to:
- Take ownership of the technical sections of sales proposals, create innovative solutions within budgetary constraints and work with our Technology Partners, Technical Directors and Client Services teams to sell the technical vision
- Be the technical design authority on client engagements, demonstrating a deep understanding of the client’s own platforms in addition to those we design.
- Define technology roadmaps that deliver on our clients’ requirements
- Develop achievable technical project plans, working with appropriate members of the development and testing functions
- Complete accurate and thorough high-level technical designs and facilitate effective handover to the development team prior to the implementation phase of a project
- Ensure quality assurance concerns are actively managed throughout the project lifecycle
- Work through complicated challenges with development teams, collaborating to find a solution to the problem
- Demonstrate strong presentation and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and clients
- Contribute to our cross-agency Technical Architecture and technology community with thought leadership
We are looking for a Technical Architect with:
- A thorough, analytical technical approach from project inception to delivery
- Client-facing consultancy skills
- Current knowledge of web technologies, and modern enterprise architectures, preferably with a strong Java bias
- An innovative approach to technical design, inspired by and constantly updated by the best work out there
- Current knowledge of enterprise-level products in the content management, e-commerce, search, campaign management and data/personalisation spaces Knowledge of a vendor ecosystem (e.g. Adobe, Oracle, SDL) is particularly useful in this regard
- A solid understanding and experience of the vendor recommendation/selection process
- A strong grasp of technical delivery processes, the SDLC and a pragmatic approach to Agile
- Experience of delivering platforms to a range of infrastructures, including cloud
- Experience of integrating operational systems (including legacy systems) into web tier platforms
- Strong knowledge of security and performance concerns
- A passion for the tools and processes used to deliver quality
- Technical leadership skills, including the ability to address delivery issues and manage performance issues
- An enthusiastic, solution-oriented approach, and the ability and desire to inspire others
- Mentoring skills to develop other team members
Got what it takes?
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to see just how far you can go, we’re committed to taking you there. Apply now!