Delivery Management manages projects from kick-off to delivery on time, on budget, and on brief. Delivery Management is everyone’s go to place for the project. Clients and internal team members rely on you for everything they need to know about a project: what to expect, what to do next, and where they need to be.
You will have a fascination about all things digital. You want to know how things work and you are always on the look-out for new tools, services and ways of doing things.
Being a good Digital Project Manager requires a diverse mix of skills and experience. And to be effective you need to be more than just organised and a good communicator. The ability to prioritise, keeping calm and focused, being able to let go, not assume too much, being approachable and having a passion for Digital are all things that when combined together make for an awesome Project Manager. Oh, and it helps to have a sense of humour too!
The Programme Director is responsible for setting strategic direction for the portfolio team, defining and implementing standards and processes, managing project management resources across a broad portfolio of accounts, and successfully implementing recovery for project crisis situations. You will have a proven ability to successfully deliver the largest projects/programmes (30+ team members, £3m+ revenue). You have strong consulting skills and you build strong relationships with all parts of the business to define viable approaches/methodologies in line with relevant industry standards and best practices.
- Day to day management of the portfolio project team
- Define responsibilities and set direction and allocate with the portfolio project team
- Seek to maximise revenue across multiple projects/accounts through project delivery (profit margin)
- Monitor DSO ( unbilled and WIP)
- Manages a portfolio project team, demonstrates leadership skills in addressing delivery and performance issues and undertakes tasks to build team morale
- Hold responsibility for the quality of the project deliverables and communications in portfolio
- Day to day leadership of a project and/or delivery area, managing multiple work streams and levels of colleagues
- Conducts timely, fair and accurate project reviews for direct reports, using the standard templates, where appropriate
- Explain DLBi’s business focus, targets and guidelines, and provide clarity about the implications of these for your team and the individuals within it.
- Keep teams and individuals updated on DLBi's performance against our goals. Understand and communicate what it means.
- Draw on client experiences and external trends to advise others on how to best meet our clients’ current and future needs
- Demonstrate understanding of key business drivers for potential clients. Understand how DLBi services can add value, tailoring business strategies and solutions accordingly.
- Proactively recognise new business opportunities. Develop them and help
us to win them.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree educated – subject non-specific.
- Extensive experience managing projects for blue-chip firms/clients, including projects in a web/digital consulting environment
- Experience managing marketing, creative or technology projects
- Experience developing project plans using MS Project, PRINCE 2 and/or Agile project methodologies.
- Evidence of management of project teams of 30 people or more to successful conclusion
- Managed projects with consulting revenue of £1M+
- Top class communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Managed relationships at a senior level within large corporations. Comfortable working with senior management
- Deep industry knowledge (e.g. Financial Services) as well as functional specialism in project role, such as Software Engineering, Business Analysis, Information Architecture
- Proven client management abilities to negotiate scope and finances
- Experience of crisis management situations with positive results (optional)
- Proven organisational skills
- Very strong meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to run client workshops of up to 10 people on multiple subject areas
- Can articulate Project Management methodology – processes, practices, controls, team management, project delivery phases
- Ability to turn requirements into a viable project plan and marshal resources required to deliver
- Strong follow-through orientation
- Business process orientation
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Self-starter and self-learner
- Ability to work independently with little direction and tight deadlines
- Ability to put administrative structure and organisation in place on new or existing projects
- Ability to motivate others and provide a positive project environment
- Ability to manage third parties and external resources
- A degree demonstrating analytical capability is preferred
- PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner accreditation preferred
Please note that DigitasLBi is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity.